SUPPLY CHAIN VIDEOS
- Recruitment and Retention Video
- Supply Chain Career Profiles
- Roundtable Discussion on Human Resources in the Canadian Supply Chain
- Interviews with Kevin Maynard, former Executive Director of the Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council
The recruitment and retention video of the Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council emphasizes the pride and passion that real people feel for their roles in the supply chain. It illustrates the wide and growing range of career options in the sector, and the critical importance of well-run supply chains. Its fast pace mirrors the speed of the supply chain for some of its practitioners, who face new situations on a daily basis and revel in the challenge.
If you plan to include this video in a presentation at a meeting or event, you might want to make use of the Council's speaking notes. These notes could be adapted to address various audiences.
Join Us in the Supply Chain
Click on the image to view
Also available in French:
- Part I – No Two Stories Alike: Eight Professionals Share What Led Them to a Career in Supply Chain
- Part II – Is Your Job Yummy?
- Part III – Under-rated? Industry Experts Debate the Value of Supply Chain
- Part IV – Room For Improvement: Industry Experts Divulge the Shortcomings of Supply Chain
- Part V – Growing Up: What New Skill Sets are Needed to be Successful in the Rapidly Maturing Supply Chain Sector
- Part VI – Leading By Example: How Important Are Leadership Skills in Supply Chain?
- Part VII – In-Class vs. On-the-Job: What are the Merits of Each Kind of Training When Acquiring New Skills in Supply Chain?
- Part VIII – Hiring Help: How Do Top Supply Chain Professionals Stay Current With New Hiring Trends?
- Part IX – Making Time for Training: The Importance of Ensuring Your Company's Employees Find the Time for Continued Training
- Part X – Training Tips: Notes on Staying Current, Exploring Non-traditional Training and the Value of Mentoring
- Part XI – Tech Transformation: Has Technology in Supply Chain Been Truly Transformational or Is It Just a Lot of Hype?
- Part XII – Passionate Professionals: What Motivates Supply Chain Professionals to Succeed?
Professionally Speaking TV
Overview of the Council's role and responsibilities – January 2011
- Setting the Standard – July 22, 2009: the CSCSC's National Occupational Standards project
- Making the Case – August 5, 2009: the National Occupational Standards put to use in a case study
- Under Construction – October 22, 2009: a look at phase II in the development of the National Occupational Standards project
- In the Know, Part 1 – February 26, 2010: training and development
- In the Know, Part 2 – February 26, 2010: recruitment and retention challenges in the supply chain
CSCSC’s Video Recruitment Program – December 14, 2011: information about the CSCSC's video profiles
- Emerging Occupations – June 4, 2014: the CSCSC aims to identify the job skills and standards required for Canada’s emerging occupations through its Supply Chain Links project
- Supply Chain Toolkit – June 10, 2014: development of skills-assessment tool
- The Connector – November 26, 2015: launch of the Connector tool
- Supplying Standards – January 8, 2016: 15 new occupational standards for supply chain roles